The Green Cake Recipe
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour
For 20 pieces
- 7 eggs yolk
- 120 gram sugar
- 100 cc water
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp crème of tartar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 jars pandan extract (or less if you want light green color)
- 75 cc vegetable oil
- 7 eggs white
- 80 gram sugar
- 180 gram cake meal
- Preheat the oven at 180 degree Celsius.
- Mix together the eggs yolk and sugar until they are fluffy and creamy for about 25 minutes.
- In the mean time make a mix of water, oil, pandan extract, salt, baking powder and cream of tartar in a bowl. Set aside.
- Make also a mix of the eggs white and sugar in a separate bowl. Mix together for about 10 minutes with the mixer until you get a fluffy mixture. Set aside.
- Add the cake meal in the eggs yolk mixture. Stir it until the meal well mixed with the mixture. Then add the mixture of oil, water and pandan extract. Stir it gently until everything well mixed. And for the last thing, add the fluffy eggs white mixture. Stir them well and pour in the baking pan that you’ve already buttered it first and bake it in the oven for about 1 hour.
- After 1 hour and before you take them out of the oven, make sure that the cake is really done by inserting a sate skewer into the cake and when you take it out you haven’t a wet part on the skewer, and then is the cake really done.